Ever since Google rolled out its latest Android 4.3 and 4.4 Kit Kat OS, every top smartphone/tablet manufacturer made sure that their costumers enjoy the benefits of this latest operating system. Hence, they released an OTA update for all the compatible smartphones.
Having the phone/tablet updated with the latest OS means the user can enjoy better performance of his/her device, more features, etc. Thus, it’s important for all smartphone/tablets to have the latest Android OS running (if the device is compatible). Today, we’ll start with the tutorial to update your phone to the latest Android 4.4 Kit Kat or 4.3 operating system.
Note: Updating your Android device through custom ROMs will remove the manufacturer warranty. Please think twice before upgrading.
1) How to update Karbonn Titanium s5 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Backup all your important data.
- Root Karbonn Titanium S5 using this tutorial.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your phone.
- Recharge the battery till its full.
Once you follow these five above mentioned steps:
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB (With debugging mode enabled).
- Download the ROM Manager app for Android and install it.
- Now, it’s time to install the ClockworkMod Recovery. SO, without wasting much time, install CWM.
- Now, Download Stock ROM for Karbonn S5 [reffer this link].
- Copy this downloaded file to your phone’s SD card.
- Now comes the real fun part, restart your mobile phone in recovery mode (Run Rom Manager app and select recovery mode or by pressing Volume up, home and power button at the same time till the device is rebooted).
- Once, your phone enters the recovery mode, select Backup/Restore to backup your valuable information.
- From the apps recovery menu, the select total erase/Wipe Data. Once the erase operation is complete do the same task to remove wipe cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now, go back to the recovery menu and select Flash Rom from SD card and choose the file that you had stored in step 4.
- Follow onscreen instructions till the update process is complete.
Done ! Now reboot your phone.
2) If your Titanium S5 handset has not received any OTA update for Android 4.4 OS then, please follow this tutorial to give your handset a Kit Kat look. The custom ROM used here is one of the best for S5. So make sure that you follow the tutorial.
Find more Kit Kat ROMS for Titanium S5 here on XDA forums.