Every webmaster wants to generate cash online by Joining an affiliate program for selling third party services, products or by showing relevant ads on the website. Displaying advertisements on your site or blog requires you to join as a publisher on a website like Google Adsense, Clicksor, Chitika, etc.
Joining an affiliate program requires you to sign up with a site like Commission Junction, Shareasale. Considered to be one of the hardest methods of generating cash online, Affiliate Programs can make money for you if and only if you’re successful in selling the services and products of the third party companies through your site.
Even though it’s a difficult task, as they say, “Impossible is nothing” you should give it a try. Check the below screenshot in which you can see the money I’ve earned online by referring products on Flipkart.
Before joining an affiliate program, You’ll have to consider these below factors:-
- What content on your website or blog are people interested?
- What is the niche of your site or blog? i.e., Sports, Health, and Fitness, Astrology, astronomy, Gadgets, etc
- From which country does your website gets the maximum traffic?
Let me write an example explaining why you should carefully choose an Affiliate Program?
Suppose your blog is about Health and Fitness, do you think that you’ll be able to sell domain registration services through your blog? The answer is obviously no as people might purchase health products. They won’t be interested in registering a domain name. So think twice before choosing a program.
Here are the best affiliate programs in India for 2017
1) Amazon Associates: Amazon entered the Indian markets late. Its affiliate program has the highest commission rates. Amazon has a huge listing of products. Its affiliate program is suitable for all websites. It offers up to 12% commission on every sale.
2) Selling WP themes: If you’re an owner of a WordPress site or you share blogging tips through your website, you can generate a good income by joining the affiliate program launched by WP theme development firms. When you generate a lead, you’ll earn up to 70% commission. Top WP theme developers are MyThemeShop, StudioPress, ElegantThemes, etc.
3) Flipkart.com: – It is an Indian E-commerce site that offers you many affiliate programs for different categories of the products they sell. I’ve been successfully making money online as a Flipkart affiliate through this site.
4) HostGator or Bluehost: – Hostgator and Bluehost are top hosting providers in the world. These two companies offer affiliate programs for different categories of services they offer. For every sale, Hostgator pays its affiliate $50 and Bluehost pays $65.
5) Shaadi.com: – This is an online matrimonial service that will pay you 100% on each paid member you refer. It will pay you Rs 10 for each member you sign up through your website/blog. It is well suitable for any traffic.
6) IndiaMart.com: – It is one of the largest B2B portals in India and the world. IndiaMart offers 50% on each paid Member you sign up through your website.
7) GoDaddy.com: – GoDaddy offers domain name registration and hosting services. It offers you 30% of the amount people spend in registering/hosting a domain name through your website.
8) Yatra.com:- If you have a blog/website in the category of Adventure and Travels, then this is the best option for you. Yatra.com pays you in the range of Rs 120 and 600 on every holiday package they sell through your website.
9) BharatMatrimony.com: – As the same suggests, BharatMatrimony.com is an online matrimonial site which offers pays you 25% of each paid signups through your blog/website.
10) Infibeam.com: It is an Indian eCommerce site which has affiliate programs similar to that of Flipkart.com. Infibeam offers the commission in different ranges (which depends on the category of product you choose to sell through your website) for each sale through your website/blog.
11) Snapdeal: It is yet another top eCommerce portal in India. Snapdeal has lower commission rate than Amazon and Flipkart. It has a listing of products that are not available on the two eCommerce firms. If you’re promoting one such product, join Snapdeal affiliate program.