Here, we’ve covered the best cameras below 15K in India. Our list includes top class imaging devices from leading brands i.e. Nikon, Canon, Sony.
The cameras have excellent ratings on eCommerce firms such as Flipkart and Amazon. They provide good zoom, powerful lens, and USB or WiFi connectivity option. The cameras are compact, lightweight and have a great design. They have excellent ISO sensitivity range and a screen that enables you to see the recorded videos and captured photos. They have user-friendly functions suitable for any type of photographer.
Here’s the list of great budget cameras that you can buy in India:
Best cameras under 15000 Rs in India
Sony Cybershot H300
H300 is one of the best Sony CyberShot series cameras below 15000 Rs. Its features are as follows:
- 500 grams weight, 360 degrees sweep panorama.
- 122.9 x 83.2 x 87.2 millimeters dimension.
- 20.1 megapixel HAD CCD sensor with Sony lens.
- Up to 280 times VGA digital zoom.
- Supports digital and 35 times optical zooming.
- 3 inches TFT LCD ClearPhoto liquid crystal display.
- Supports 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratio.
- High contrast in the low light environment.
- Clear zoom feature for videos, nine amazing picture effects.
- Wireless connectivity option with NFC and WiFi.
- 55 megabytes of storage memory, SD card support.
- Long lasting battery, five flash modes.
- Supports high-resolution video recording.
- Aperture ranges from f3.0 to f5.9.
CyberShot H300 is priced at 13990 INR.
Canon IXUS 285HS
IXUS 285 HS is one of the latest and best digital Canon cameras within 12000 to 13000 Rs. It provides the below features:
- 146.8 grams weight, compact design.
- 12 times optical and 24 times digital zoom.
- 3 inches liquid crystal display with 461K dots resolution.
- Superb shutter speed, 20.20 megapixels CCD 1/2.3 type sensor, excellent focal length.
- Supports wide angle shooting and full high-definition resolution.
- USB connectivity, NO HDMI port.
- Different color options, powerful flash (with four modes) that has a range of up to 13 feet.
- Lithium ION battery, the latest Digic processor for faster conversion, image processing.
- F3.6 to F20 Aperture Range, wireless connectivity option, and NFC module.
IXUS 285 costs INR 12300.
Nikon Coolpix B500
Nikon had launched Coolpix B500 in May 2016. B500 is an advanced camera that ships with a 3 inches high-resolution tiltable display and a latest Nikkor lens. This device lets users record videos at full HD resolution. It provides a fast and high-performance auto-focus system.
B500 supports 40 times optical zoom, continuous shots, HDMI/USB & Bluetooth connectivity. It has 0.5 Kg weight and packs a 16 million pixel sensor which generates high-resolution 16 MB images.
B500 includes 12 elements lens and it supports 4 times digital zoom. The max focal length of the lens in B500 is 160mm. This device has a modern design and it is available for purchase at 18000 Rs.
Sony Cybershot WX220
Priced below 14000 Rs, Cybershot WX220 is user-friendly and easy to use a digital camera. WX220 offers the following features:
- Compact dimensions and excellent design.
- 391 grams weight, built-in WiFi, advanced point and shoot functionality.
- Powerful BIONZ X processor, wide angle lens.
- Supports 10 times optical zoom, 2.7 inches TFT LCD ClearPhoto display.
- 720p, 1080p video recording and aspect ratios of 16 is to 9, and four is to 3.
- 18.20-megapixel Sony EXMOR sensor.
- Supports alkaline battery, features Micro HDMI port and provides USB connectivity option.
- Support for storage memory expansion through SD card.
- High-quality lens, 230 shots battery life.
Cybershot WX220 costs 12000 Rs.
Must check: Best camera phones under 10000 Rs
Canon Powershot SX620 HS
Launched in India last year, SX620 is one of the latest digital cameras on our list. Powershot SX620 is an enhanced version of Canon PowerShot SX430. It offers network connectivity options in the form of NFC and WiFi.
SX620 supports 25 times optical zoom. It has a good battery life. This device packs the following features:
- Point and shoot functionality.
- Intelligent IS modes for the perfect shot.
- 20+ megapixel CMOS sensor, decent focal length.
- 25 x optical zoom, wide-angle 24 millimeters lens.
- 3.0 inches LCD display with the resolution of 900K dots.
- Can record full HD 1920 x 1080 pixel videos.
- Supports aspect ratios of 16:9 and 4:3.
- Lithium ION battery, ISO levels up to 3200.
- Digic 4+ image processor, 183 grams weight.
- SD card support, continuous shots at the speed of 1 shot per 2 seconds.
- F3.2 to F6.6 Aperture range.
Powershot SX620 is priced at Rs 15999.
SX430 from Canon is one of the most advanced budget digital cameras under 15000 Rs. It is a great alternative to Nikon L840, a popular imaging device which is out of stock on all eCommerce websites.
SX430 provides an excellent optical zoom. It supports macro mode. Specifications of this device are as follows:
- Weighs around 320 grams, 3.0 inch LCD screen.
- 119 by 89 by 97.5 millimeters in dimensions.
- Supports 45 times optical, 90 times digital zoom (Zoom Plus), and aspect ratios of up to 16:9.
- Supports full HD 1920 x 1080 pixels video recording at 30 FPS.
- ISO range up to 800, 20-megapixel sensor with Digic 4+ processor.
- Face detection system, NFC, and WiFi.
- Inbuilt storage memory with support for SD card.
- F3 to F5.6 Aperture range, 230K dots screen resolution.
- Has an electronic viewfinder, self-timer function.
- Provides good battery life. SX430 lasts for up to 260 shots.
Canon SX430 costs 14000 Rs.
Conclusion: Canon SX430, Powershot SX620 HS, IXUS 285HS, Sony Cybershot WX220, H300, and Nikon Coolpix B500 are best digital camera under 15000 Rs in India.
Must read: Best camera phones under 15000 Rs