Photoshop is a very well known and probably the best image editing application that requires you to activate the trial version or purchase a license before you start using it. If you’re a part of small business/start-up or you want to use it for domestic purposes… despite your need of this software, due to budget constraints(or some other financial reasons) you may back off from purchasing a license for this application and lookout for its cheaper or free alternatives. Hence, to help you out in this quest, we have shortlisted the top alternatives to photoshop that are free to use. To use them, all you need to do is download the software and install it on your computer or register on the portal and login to access the interfaces. Best online and offline alternatives to photoshop
- Paint.NET:- If you’re looking for a desktop based photoshop alternative then you should surely give a try to Pain.NET because it has got all the necessary features that you’d require as an Image Editor. This application allow you to manipulate layers, apply a huge range of special effects and supports almost every popular image formats like JPG, PNG, TIF, BMP…etc and is not doubt one of the best photo editing softwares.
- Snipshot:- An online alternative to photoshop, Snipshot provides its user advanced controls and features to edit , view images. This online application doesn’t require you to install any plug-in and supports popular formats like PNG , RAW , PDF , JPG. When your edit task or color adjustment task is over, you can save the image on your hard drive or upload it to Flickr.
- GIMP:-GIMP is an abbreviation for GNU image Manipulation Program. This application was basically developed for Linux platform and due to its magnificent features and utilities; this application started spreading its wings to other platforms like windows. It supports every basic feature that Photoshop has and hence this application has made it in this list.
- Picknik:-Yet another masterpiece and one of the Best online and offline alternatives to photoshop , This tool gives you an excellent user experience through its high quality interfaces and quality tools that allow you to perform any editing task on your image. This online application has lots of special effects, fonts, shapes and utilities for its users use in their image editing task. This is surely a must try application for all the users looking an online alternative of Photoshop.
- Phoenix:- A very powerful online image Editing Application, Phoenix allows you to create 3D models, Vector Graphics, re-size images, simulate painting, generate terrain , Adjust Brightness, remove red-eyes, mask images ….and lot more without any costs. All you need to do is to register an account and login to access its interfaces.
- Inkscape:-This powerful Desktop based free image editing application has tools to create shapes , crop a photo , rotate a photo, clip and mask a photo , create grids, swatches , filters, edit XML, texts …and a lot more. Due to its Photoshop like features …this application has made it to this list.
- Pixlr:- An online Image editing application, Pixlr allows you to create layers , masking , supports utilities like red eye reduction, lasso tool, gradients , Cropping , Rotation, custom brushes and a huge range of filters for you to use for your editing tasks. User interface is simple and easy to use.