So , I’m yet another blogger who has joined the WordPress club . I migrated from the free blogger platform to the self hosted WordPress platform and i’m quite happy with it . The reason for my happiness is that WordPress saves my time by its well developed interfaces and high quality plugins (unfortunately blogger platform lacks them) that makes my tasks easier .It has been 7 days since i migrated my blog to the WordPress platform and in these 7 days , i’ve explored a lot of plugins in deep and tried several of them on my blog . Today , i’ll share with you my experiences of using The Wordfence plugin (and its modules/interfaces) which belongs to one of the most important category of plugins – The WordPress Security Plugins. Though , its not the only security plugin available for the WordPress platform , i have stuck to this plugin (after trying out few other security plugins) as it shows security and WP related issues in the realtime .
Lets see the modules of the Wordfence Security Plugin : The Best WordPress Security plugin :-
- Live Traffic :-This module shows all hits to the blog in a real time (Hits by Crawlers,Visitors …etc).
- Humans:-This module shows all human traffic (direct , referral or organic traffic) .
- Pages Not Found :- This module shows the errors encountered by the visitors/search engines when they attempted to visit a particular page.This is the most important module of the Wordfence WordPress security plugin as it shows the data in real time . You should check this tab often to find out the pages that caused 404 errors on an attempt to visit the page by the visitor or a Crawler.If you have dropped the page /post from your blog ..then make sure that you remove the URL too from the search index of Google/Bing or if you have renamed the page ..make sure that is redirected (with HTTP status 301) to the updated URL . After migrating from blogger to WordPress platform i came to know some very important SEO concepts , which i applied it on my blog . Some updates resulted in a lot of 404 errors which i came to know in real time through this module … so , don’t you think this WordPress security plugin is useful?
- Login and Logouts:-This is a very important module as it shows the login attempts by the any user,if you find a visitor trying to enter into your WordPress account (as an attempt to take over your website ) , you can block him/her easily through the block IP’s module of the Wordfence Security system.If you have already installed this plugin , then you should keep an eye on this tab .
- Top 404′s:-This is one of the most important module as it shows all the top 404 error encountered by a bots/users when they tried to access a page .
- Country Blocking:-Available in the premium version , this module can be used to block traffic from a specific country .
It has got many useful modules that you should explore after installing this plugin .
So what do you think of this WordPress Security plugin? . Have you used the Wordfence security plugin before ? .If not , then by this time you might be impressed with its features and you would install it for securing your blog/fixing errors encountered by search engines/visitors.Kindly share your thoughts on this plugin with us .