One of the most powerful smartphones in the market – the galaxy note 3 SM-N900 can now be updated to the Android 4.4.2 kit kat operating system. This update which was first released first in Poland is now available in Russia. If you failed to renew the OS then follow the below tutorial:
Note: This update is valid only for SM-N900 Model.
Before you Update Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, make sure that you
- Completely backup all the data on your phone.
- Completely charge your smartphone’s battery.
- Download Samsung SM-N900 USB Drivers on your Computer. This is important because the USB drivers will establish a connection between the computer and smartphone.
- Once you download and install all the necessary device drivers, enable USB debugging mode on your phone by visiting the developer options from settings menu.
Tutorial to update
- Download 4.4.2 Kit Kat N900XXUDNA6 Firmware file.
- Once you download the above file, download Odin using this link.
- Force your Galaxy device in download mode by pressing volume down , home and power button at the same time. If you see any warning message then choose continue option. Now connect your phone to your computer via an USB cable.
- Extract the .tar.md5 file from the downloaded firmware using tools like WinRar or WinZip.
- Now extract Odin’s executable. exe file from the zip file that you’ve downloaded in step 2 and double click on it to start the odin program.
- Now Odin should detect your Samsung Note 3 and it will turn ID: COM box blue.
- Now, click on the PDA tab of Odin program and choose the file that you had downloaded in step 4. If you’ve files with CSC, Phone names then click on the CSC, Phone tab and choose the respective files.
- Now click on the start button to begin the Android update.
- Once the update has been done, your phone will restart automatically.
- Now you’ll see Odin showing reset or pass status.
Done ! Your phone has now been updated to run the latest Android kit Kat OS.